Supercooled Large Drop (SLD) Project Weather Page - Cleveland
Weather data provided by the National Center for Atmospheric Research's Research Applications Program in support of NASA-Lewis Research Center flights into freezing drizzle, freezing rain and other hazardous icing conditions.
NCAR is not normally a real-time weather data supplier. Data outages are to be expected!
All aircraft icing diagnoses and forecasts shown on this page are EXPERIMENTAL. Pilots and
aviation forecasters are URGED to check the OFFICIAL ICING FORECASTS avialable from the Aviation Weather Center.
This page and most of the data on it is maintained by Ben C. Bernstein. Satellite data, model soundings and various other data provided by Greg Thompson.
Data for Cleveland - local and surrounding region
- CIP vertical cross-sections through Cleveland
- CIP , FIP-3 , FIP-6 , FIP-9 , FIP-12: West-to-East (Joliet IL to Williamsport PA)
- CIP , FIP-3 , FIP-6 , FIP-9 , FIP-12: South-to North (Charleston WV to Gore Bay OT)
- CIP , FIP-3 , FIP-6 , FIP-9 , FIP-12: Northwest-to-Southeast (Houghton Lake MI to Elkins WV)
- CIP , FIP-3 , FIP-6 , FIP-9 , FIP-12: Southwest-to-Northeast (Louisville KY to Ottawa OT)
- NWS CIP web page.
- NCAR CIP web page.
- NCAR FIP web page - 3hr forecast.
- Satellite data
- Radar data (NCAR and Intellicast charts)
- Regional surface observations
- Pilot reports of icing
- Latest sounding and upper air data for region (from Greg Thompson)
- Text and graphical model output for Cleveland and U.S.
- Text CLEVELAND National Weather Service official forecasts
- Text surface observations (METARs) from Ohio and surrounding states
- Text PIREPS from Ohio and surrounding states
- Text TERMINAL FORECASTS from Ohio and surrounding states
- Text official aviation forecasts and warnings from the Aviation Weather Center
Other valuable weather web pages